Friday, July 25, 2008

Birthday thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to Mom and Dad #2 (Yuli and Olga) for getting us tickets to see Les Miserables for my birthday...Thank you! I had a wonderful time...even though the actor who played Jean Valjean would have been better as Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar. FYI - In theatres in London, you're allowed to bring drinks and snacks (that you've purchased at the show) into the theatre during the performance. Hence, the plastic cups in my hand. This is great, for when you can't finish your intermission drink in time for the second act. But can be awfully annoying when some kid behind you is chowing down on his sticky toffee pudding ice cream while you're trying to watch a performance (this didn't happen at Les Mis, but actually when we saw the London Philharmonic Orchestra).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great,
glad to hear that. I loved it too, when we saw it in NY.
Olga

Anonymous said...

Nothing to do with theater, but I was cleaning some old Bon Appetite magazines today and came across a picture from Spain which looks remarkably like yours from the market - even the stickers on the hams look the same. Looks delicious!
Olga