Sunday, December 9, 2007

Going Away Party - Mason Dixon









Friday night, at Mason Dixon on the Lower East Side, we had our official going away party. The spot was chosen by Tom and Caron (our friends who are also moving to London), since the bar Leo and I had chosen (the Patriot), was deemed a bit too unsavory for them. After giving them A LOT of crap for this, I now must apologize. Mason Dixon was a blast - decently priced-drinks, good southern bar food, and most importantly...the mechanical bull.

Who knew riding a hunk of metal in the shape of a bull, in a padded ring, being watched, heckled and ogled by everyone in the bar, could be so much fun. So much fun, that not only did Leo and I ride the bull, I rode it twice (as did a number of people in our party). About 50 of our closest friends turned out for the occasion, including coworkers of mine that I actually like, Leo's coworkers (who will show up and drink for any occasion), college friends, scuba diving friends, and two friends of mine, Whitney and Ashley, who grew up with me in Miami. A good time was had by all, which you can view on my Flickr page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock on, Team Vladimirsky!

I expect nothing less than hearing all the filthy details about your adventures on Fleet Street ...

I shall return,

Funbacker