Monday, December 17, 2007

Days Off

Taking days off of work used to be enjoyable. I'd lounge in bed until 10, go to the video store and rent a couple movies I know Leo wouldn't mind missing. Then I'd pick up a gyro or some other greasy street-meat to eat while having a beer and watching crappy movies. These day, however, a day off means more hours to organize and pack and stress.

This morning I was out of bed and dressed by 9. Then Leo and I organized our visa application, while I continued to pack boxes. When Leo left for work, I walked about a mile to Staples to pick up more boxes and tape. Then, I waited in the cold for the bus (since I didn't have enough money in my wallet for a cab). Once I delivered the boxes to my apartment, I shoved garbage bags full of clothes we are giving away into a large backpack, and trucked the clothes to the salvation army to donate. Now I have about an hour of downtime (a.k.a - packing time) before I meet Leo to go get our fingers printed for the visa, and when that is done, I'll run uptown to the courier service to drop off all of our visa paperwork.

These days, going to work, isn't looking so bad.

No comments: