Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the way to Tokyo

We are now in Tokyo, taking our last big trip before moving back to New York. I'll try to post a few pictures a day of interesting things we do.This a the bento box we got on the plane on the way over from London. There was a western option as well, but Leo and I opted for the Japanese meal. It was really very good and I think everyone else in our section was jealous they hadn't ordered it.

The 12 hour flight was not as bad as we had anticipated and though we've been a bit tired for the last few days, I think we've handled the jet lag well. The tiredness could very well be from walking around for up to 9 hours a day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lunch box looks very nice.
I still have small ceramic pot I bought my lunch in on the train somewhere in the wilderness of Japan. I could not believe my eyes when they carried those cute hot pots around the train.
Olga

Anonymous said...

Keep forgetting to tell you - when you are in Kyoto, try to find famous traditional Japanese sweets shop. Do not remember the name or location, but it was famous enough for people to give me a guidance.
Olga

Katya said...

Oooh. That looks delicious.

Also in Kyoto there is a sweets shop that serves cold noodles with Kudzu sauce (as an afternoon sweet). YUM.