Monday, October 12, 2009

Big News - expensive and cold no more

I know that I owe you some photos of our recent trip to Turkey and Greece, but I've been a bit distracted since we've recently found out we'll be moving back to the US. As our flat gets colder and colder each day and the sun is coming out less frequently, I'm quite happy to be heading back to the US. Though I'll miss the friends I've made and all of the travelling we've been able to do while living here, it will be nice to move back to New York...land of the perfect pizza, shops open on Sunday, and sushi delivery until 3 in the morning.

Speaking of sushi, before heading home, we're spending a month in Japan. I'm amazingly excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I recall, sushi in Japan (at least in some places)are quite different from the ones made in US. Do not forget to try eel too.
Olga

Anonymous said...

eel is the best.

L

Anonymous said...

Before you get to the eel - WE WANT SOME PICTURES!
We actually demand some pictures from your last trip.
Olga

Anonymous said...

Oh, another thing I just remember - the farm market I have been to in a small town in the mountains somewhere near Tokoyama. The brine vegetables were heavenly (this type is actually used in sushi in Nagoya region) and the apples - they were to die for.
See if you can find some of the farm market in the remote areas - they are great.
Olga