Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I never realized how much I loved Thanksgiving until I moved here. Originally we were going to go out to dinner, but didn't book far enough in advance, so they were all booked up when we called. I was devastated! And totally surprised by my reaction. Needing desperately to do something for Thanksgiving, on Wednesday I went to Whole Foods in search of a bird. I was thrilled to find tons of turkey, pre-made side dishes, and a bunch of other Americans shopping for their Thanksgiving dinners as well. I decided to cook a duck, since the turkeys were all too big. This was my first time cooking a duck and I was really pleased with how it came out...and how the whole meal came out. We invited some of our English friends over to share the feast with us, and although we didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with our families, it still felt like the holiday I love so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great,
Happy Duck Thanksgiving!
We missed you too.
Olga

Katya said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jen and Leo!

We miss you, too!

Katya, Ian, Ben and Nik...

Anonymous said...

Really missed you too. We had the sweet potatoe casserole, but the rest of the meal was all Katie's. I hope I can still get a Mrs. Smith's pumpkin pie for Uncle David.
Aunt Bonnie