Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My first day off

Now that I'm employed, I can look at every day in which I'm not working as a day off. So this morning I was in vacation-mode. I slept in. I took a long walk (and returned an alarm clock whose alarm didn't work). Then I took another long walk in the opposite direction, ending up at the British Museum. Unlike most museums in the states, most here are FREE. So to just pop into a museum to view a few rooms is an enjoyable and economical way to spend the afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally found how to get your blog. Next time at the British Museum, look for the exhibit of the Rosetta Stone.

Anonymous said...

Sounds really nice! I use to do it as a child in Leningrad in winter - go to the museum to warm up and play sort of a scavenger hunt game - the museums must of been free at least for school students at that time
Olga

Anonymous said...

We enjoy the mummies at the museum.

Anonymous said...

that picture of the glass ceiling is awesome.

-heather BS