Monday, April 20, 2009

Making use of our garden

It makes me feel really good that we not only have some outside space, but that we're putting it to good use. We recently bought a barbecue and some outdoor furniture, and with the weather finally becoming a bit nicer, we're spending as much time outside as we can. Last weekend we had our first bbq (aka liquor-cheeseburger party), and invited some friends over. During the week, Leo and I had an ode-to-Greece dinner, of grilled fish, haloumi cheese, and eggplant. Then this past weekend, we did a lot of sitting outside and reading, as well as planting another row of vegetables...i think brussels sprouts, cauliflower, spinach, and some sunflowers. We also tried laying down more grass seeds, since although the first bit of seeding did work, it was a bit patchy. I can't wait to see if we actually grow anything!

Wow, when did I become a person who talks about their garden all the time...I'm scaring myself. I promise never to speak about it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are right,do not speak of it and keep your fingers crossed!

Olga