Monday, June 9, 2008

When in London...visit gardens

This past weekend, the weather was amazing. Actually, Sunday got a bit too hot...but I'm not complaining. With the amazing weather, my parents and I decided to partake in Open Squares
weekend, when private gardens around the city are open to the public. Rather than describing what we saw, I'll just show you...tomorrow (since Leo took my camera with him to Scotland before I was able to download the photos). But they really are lovely, I promise...you'll see tomorrow.

On Sunday we all took a tour of the neighborhood markets, including the Columbia flower market, finishing off with our favorite Sunday Roast at the Royal Oak. Luckily we got there early and were able to score the big table in the back of the pub (with only a few elbows thrown). My folks loved the meal and the company (thanks Tom and Caron for joining us). And my parents bought me an aloe plant to add to my growing menagerie (fingers crossed I won't kill this one).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!
I can not wait to see pictures of the gardens.
Olga

usamctwo said...

We were back in NYC for a few days and missed the nice London weather. Of course we arrived in NYC just in time for a heat wave. It was horrid. You will turn into weather wimps living here. We are happy to be back to the cool and cloudy weather of London. Cannot handle the extreme heat or cold anymore and we are originally from the Midwest.

Another free garden area to visit- Regents Park. The rose gardens are probably in full bloom right now. Worth a look. And if you can get tickets- Taste of London festival occurring there 19-22 June.